4 Reasons Every Woman Should Try African Waist Beads At Least Once
For centuries, African women have worn waist beads to highlight femininity and beauty. Today, the trend has transcended into the fashion world, resulting in a hike in the popularity of waist beads.
Waist beads draw attention to the waist, accentuating the hip region and boosting attractiveness. But that's not it— they also offer health and cultural benefits. Here are the top four reasons you should consider buying African waist beads.
1. Create Weight Awareness
One of the most significant advantages of wearing waist adornments is that it can help you keep track of your weight and fitness. Since waist beads are worn permanently around the waist, it becomes easy to notice even a slight change in the body.
If you gain weight, you will feel the strand tighten around your waist. On the other hand, if you lose weight, the strands will slide down further towards the hips. Being aware of these changes can help you take the right measures and maintain a healthy weight.
Key to a Healthier Lifestyle
It won’t be a stretch to say that wearing an African waist ultimately leads to a healthier lifestyle. The strands around the waist act as a physical reminder to maintain a healthy lifestyle that aligns with your fitness goals.
However, it is essential to understand that merely wearing African waist beads will not help you lose weight overnight. These exotic waist adornments are more about weight management through body awareness. They help you understand and keep track of changes in the body, which ultimately helps with weight loss.
Here are a few tips and tricks that can help you maintain a healthy weight while wearing waist beads.
· Position Your Waist Beads Correctly
When you are wearing waist beads for weight management, it is important to position them correctly. The way to tie the beads around your waist can also greatly impact their effectiveness for weight management. Many women tie the strands around the hip region, which looks great and feels awesome.
While this low-hanging style may help increase the aesthetic (and sexual) appeal of your waist beads, it’s not going to help much weight management. If you are wearing waist beads for weight control, make sure you tie them around the stomach. This position will give you a better idea of when you gain or lose fat in the abdomen area.
· Wear Right Sized Waist Beads
It is essential to learn how to measure and tie the strands correctly around your waist. You don’t want waist beads that are too tight or too loose around your figure. So, first things first, before you order your African waist beads, make sure you take the time to take measurements. All you’ll need is a measuring tape, and it’ll only take you a few seconds to find the right size.
The measurement depends on where you wish to tie your waist beads, i.e., either around the waist or hip. Since you are more interested in the weight management effects of waist beads, you will measure around the stomach – above the hips but below the navel area. Here’s how to do it in just a few simple steps.
- Lay the measuring tape against the bare skin. Make sure you remove all layers of clothing before taking the measurement; otherwise, you might get inaccurate readings and end up ordering waist beads that are too loose.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the waist towards the naval. It should fit snuggly without digging into the skin. You also don’t want to draw in your breath or be too stiff while measuring. Breathe normally and let your body relax as you wrap the measuring tape around you.
- Note the reading where the one end of the measuring tape begins to meet the other. These are the reading you want!
- To make sure you get it right, it is best to double-check. You can repeat the process yourself or ask a friend to help you out. Once you are sure you have the right measurements, you are ready to order.
· Tie Your Waist Beads around Bare Skin
You can fashion your waist beads in any way you want. Most women wear them around bare skin. Some like showing their beads. Others wear them under their clothes. You can even wear them over the clothing.
However, when the ultimate goal is to manage weight and create body awareness, it is important to tie the African waist beads strands around bare skin. It will give you the most accurate results, helping you quickly grasp even the slightest weight change.
· Wear Your Strands Permanently
There’s no denying that African waist beads are currently one of the hottest trends going around. From celebrities to Instagram models, everyone is talking about the beauty and exquisiteness of African waist beads. However, seeing it as a fashion trend, many women tend to wear their beads occasionally or only on special occasions. There’s nothing wrong with that as waist beads are all about versatility and beauty.
However, for maximum weight management benefits, it is recommended to wear your waist beads permanently. Wearing the strands all the time will give you a better understanding of your body. It must be noted that permanent doesn’t mean irremovable. You can always remove your waist beads or switch them up if required. It simply means wearing the strands more frequently and for longer durations.
Since premium quality waist beads are gentle on the skin, cause no irritation or redness, and suitable for all body types, wearing them permanently shouldn’t be a problem at all. Keep in mind that African waist beads come with different tying mechanisms. If you are looking for a more permanent option, consider getting waist beads with a clasp that holds the edges of the waist beads together.
2. Encourage Positive Body Image
African waist beads are for women of all ages and colors and look simply phenomenal on everyone. And when you look good, you feel great. Therefore, the mere act of wearing African waist beads can help create a positive body image.
It helps improve self-esteem and confidence and will make you fall in love with yourself. Here are some ways wearing African waist beads encourage self-love, self-acceptance, and self-appreciation in women.
African waist beads are a symbol of the celebration of womanhood, sexuality, and independence in the African culture. On the other hand, in the west, the exotic beads make a bold fashion statement that reflects your individual style.
Either way, African waist beads ultimately empower women and teach them to love their bodies in every way. At the same time, they ignite the desire to set and achieve health and fitness goals, which further helps with creating a positive body image.
Know Your Body
While wearing waist beads for weight management, many women tend to forget the natural changes in the body, such as bloating or even natural changes depending on your monthly cycle. It can make your waist beads feel tighter around the waist.
However, it doesn’t mean that you should go on a hard diet immediately. Make sure you take the time to understand your body and take appropriate actions. For example, if you find your waist beads feeling tight due to bloating, you may want to review when and what you are eating. You can try cutting down on salt, as it stores water weight, making you feel heavier.
Another option is to include more foods in your diet that help clear the digestive tract regularly and flush the kidneys. Such minor changes can help you feel lighter, ensuring your waist beads sit comfortably around the waist without going on a restrictive diet or giving up your favorite foods.
Help Correct & Maintain Posture
Did you know that your body posture affects your confidence in your own thoughts? Sitting up straight in the chair is not only good for the body or posture. Research has shown that it can also boost your confidence inside out. It will also make you appear more confident and relaxed to other people. On the other hand, unintentional slouching can be a real turn off for some people.
The good news is that African waist beads can help you correct your posture to feel and look more confident and sure of yourself. Adorning your waist with beautiful beads makes you more aware of the stomach and sitting position. The strands serve as a reminder to sit straight when you start slouching. Over time, keeping your back straight and chin up turns into a habit!
3. Spice Things Up in Your Love Life
One of the most unexpected benefits of wearing African waist beads is that it can help take your love life to the next level. Waist beads are all about beauty and sensuality, which naturally reflects in your intimate relationships. Your partner will love the sensual beads around your waist!
In African culture, waist beads are believed to enhance love and attraction between partners. The exotic strands work by drawing attention to the movement of the waist and accentuating the figure. It can help stir emotional responses from your partner and take things to the next level in the bedroom. The truth is that the sexual attraction of waist beads cannot be denied. Read more about the importance of waist beads in lovemaking here.
4. Symbol of African Heritage & Pride
Many African women living abroad buy African waist beads as a symbol of African heritage and pride. This small yet effective practice is an excellent way of staying connected to your African roots.
Therefore, no matter where you are in the world, you can buy African waist beads and get them delivered right to your doorstep. To understand their cultural significance, let’s take a look at different reasons why African women wear waist beads in different regions.
Cultural Significance of Waist Beads
African women have adorned their waists with beads, charms, stones, and gems for thousands of years. Here are some interesting cultural facts about African waist beads.
- In Ghana, all babies are adorned with waist beads during their naming ceremonies. As the child grows older, waist beads are removed for boys. However, girls continue to wear them.
- In some cultures, waist beads symbolize coming off age and transitioning into womanhood. Mothers often adorn their daughters with waist beads during their first menstruation.
- Different stones and colors used for making waist beads signify different aspects of life. For example, red waist beads symbolize passion, confidence, and bravery. White waist beads symbolize purity and truth. Yellow waist beads are all about wisdom, awareness, and joy, and so on!
- Waist beads are also closely associated with fertility in many African cultures. Many African women wear specific waist beads when the couple is trying to conceive. Similarly, special waist beads are designed for pregnant women and are thought to protect the mother and the child.
Buy the Best African Waist Beads!
The bottom line is that African waist beads are much more than fashion accessories. So whether you want to connect with your African roots or simply want to explore and celebrate the vibrant African culture, getting a pair of African waist beads is the best way to go about it.
Now that you know the advantages of African waist beads, it's time you give these exotic waist adornments a try for yourself. Check out the Tadalu African Waist Beads store today. We have a vast range of collections and deliver worldwide!
About Tadalu Waist Beads
- African beads for waist
- african culture
- african culture in america
- African facts
- African sandals
- African Waist beads
- BLACK BEADS MEANING
- buying African waist beads
- Ghana Waist Beads
- how to wear African sandals
- how to wear african waist beads
- importance of waist beads in lovemaking
- make african waist beads
- making african waist beads
- meaning of waist beads
- myths about African waist beads
- pairing up African sandals
- string used for african waist beads
- Waist beads
- waist beads meaning
- what are african waist beads
- what are african waist beads called
- what are african waist beads for
- what are african waist beads made of
- what are african waist beads used for
- what do african waist beads mean
- what do african waist beads symbolize
- what do you need to make african waist beads
- what does african waist beads do
- what string is used to make african waist beads
- what string is used to make waist beads
- where can i buy african waist beads
- where can i get african waist beads
- where to buy african waist beads
- where to get african waist beads
- why do african ladies wear waist beads
- why do african wear waist beads
- Yellow waist beads